- Annual Dinner & Auction: Coordinates activities for an informational and entertaining annual meeting, designed to appeal to the entire membership. Committee meets November through March.
- Chamber Ambassadors: Serve as “goodwill messengers” for the chamber, welcoming new members and assisting with most chamber events. Committee meets January through December.
- Education Committee: Plans the selection of topics and obtains the speakers for the workshops, which are meant to provide chamber members with timely information that is applicable to their everyday professional lives. Committee meets January through December.
- Government Affairs Committee: Represents the business community’s interests before local, state and national government on issues impacting businesses. Meets January through December.
- SIUE Block Party: Plans and coordinates the annual SIUE Block Party to introduce the university’s students to the community. Committee meets May through August.
- Halloween Parade: Plans and coordinates the annual parade in downtown Edwardsville. Committee meets August through October.
- Annual Golf Challenge: Plans and conducts annual golf outing for Chamber members and their guests. Committee meets February through June.
Ed/Glen Chamber Committees
Membership in the Chamber of Commerce provides numerous opportunities for business promotion, networking, and service to the community. Chamber's lifeblood is the work of its committees. Chamber committees plan special events and programs, examine and evaluate local, state and federal issues, and help shape the community's lifestyle and business climates. There is no obligation for a chamber member to serve on a committee, but committee activity does give members the opportunity for input on issues impacting the business community and the opportunity to serve as a community ambassador for the member’s business.
To get involved, contact Chamber Executive Director Lisa Smith and let her know which of the following committees you are interested in learning more about: